Gene Regulation of Stem Cell Maintenance and Differentiation
* Chen X, Lloyd SM, Kweon J, Gamalong GM, Bao X. Epidermal Progenitors Suppress GRHL3-Mediated Differentiation through Intronic Polyadenylation Promoted by CPSF-HNRNPA3 Collaboration. Nature Communications. 2021. Jan 19. https://rdcu.be/cdPJI
* Hua ZY et al. PRMT1 promotes neuroblastoma cell survival through ATF5. Oncogenesis. 2020 May 15. (Collaboration)
* Ho PJ, Lloyd SM, Bao X. Unwinding chromatin at the right places: how BAF is targeted to specific genomic locations during development. Development. 2019 Sep 30. https://dev.biologists.org/content/146/19/dev178780.long
* Neely AE, Bao X. Nuclei Isolation Staining (NIS) Method for Imaging Chromatin-Associated Proteins in Difficult Cell Types. Curr Protoc Cell Biol. 2019 Sep. https://currentprotocols.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/cpcb.94
* Lloyd SM, Bao X. Pinpointing the Genomic Localizations of Chromatin-Associated Proteins: The Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow of ChIP-seq. Current Protoc Cell Biol. 2019. https://currentprotocols.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/cpcb.89
* Pattison JM, Melo SP, Piekos SN, Torkelson JL, Bashkirova E, Mumbach MR, Rajasingh C, Zhen HH, Li L, Liaw E, Alber D, Rubin AJ, Shankar G, Bao X, Chang HY, Khavari PA, Oro AE. Retinoic acid and BMP4 cooperate with p63 to alter chromatin dynamics during surface epithelial commitment. Nat Genet. 2018 Dec;50(12):1658-1665.
* Bao X*, Siprashvili Z, Shenoy R, Rios E, Zarnegar B, Natalie N, Qu K, Mah A, Webster D, Wozniak G, Rubin A, Tao S, Wysocka J, Khavari PA. CSNK1a1 Regulates PRMT1 to Maintain the Progenitor State in Self-renewing Somatic Tissue. Dev Cell. 2017 Oct 23;43(2):227-239.
[* Co-corresponding author]
* Bao X*, Rubin A, Qu K, Zhang J, Giresi P, Chang HY and Khavari PA*. A novel ATAC-seq approach reveals lineage-specific reinforcement of the open chromatin landscape via cooperation between BAF and p63. Genome Biology. 2015 Dec 18;16(1):284. [*Co-corresponding Author]
* Bao X, Tang J, Lopez-Pajares V, Tao S, Qu K, Crabtree GR and Khavari PA. ACTL6a enforces the epidermal progenitor state by suppressing SWI/SNF-dependent induction of KLF4. Cell Stem Cell. 2013 Feb 7;12(2):193-203.
This work characterized the role of ACTL6a/BAF53a as a key regulator that maintains the progenitor state by suppressing differentiation. Mechanistically, this work identified KLF4 as a key down stream transcription factor that is repressed by ACTL6a in progenitor state to inhibit differentiation. This work further demonstrated that ACTL6a suppresses differentiation by preventing the genomic targeting of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex to differentiation genes.
* Previewed by Cell Stem Cell.
* Recommended by F1000 Prime.